If you are looking for a used car for an affordable price you may try to get it from an online car auction. Auto Auctions offer the opportunity of getting a really good deal, but you must keep an eye on the process because many users can outbid you anytime and win your vehicle.
However, there are many things you should consider when you are about to buy a car at auctions. Every auto auction website has its rules in buying a used car that you must understand before placing your first bid. If you have no experience, as many members of the auction, or you do not understand specific terminology, you may not be able to take the car that you win. Buying a car at an automobile auction is a much different experience than purchasing it from a dealer. These rules can help you to keep your dream car without difficulties and for a very profitable price.
When Buying at Auctions You Must:
- Look for a vehicle with history report! You need to know the car's history. An AutoCheck Report is one of the most useful tools to use to protect yourself against fraud.
- Check the car with Kelley Blue Book or NADA guide if you're going to a public auto auction.
- Note the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) of the car you want and check it by using the websites that offer this service for a fee.
- Pay attention on “As Is” status on the item page. These autos may have any problems with the engine, transmission or something else and it cannot be indicated in the description. Legally you can't request a refund.
- Don't think that your bid is the last price you pay! There are many car auction sites where people must also pay a fee for to get their car. Unlike such auctions Repokar bans this fee and people have the possibility to take the car they want for the price they win it.
- Set a limit of bids. Set a limit to what you can pay for the vehicle based on its condition and value.
- Request a Post-Sale Inspection. This is an option to help you buy with more confidence, this is a non-transferable warranty. If you find a technique damage over $250 you may return the car immediately.
- Don't offer the sellers to give you the cars for a fixed price if it is listed on the auction. The seller is interested in auctioning his car. This option you may find in the section of “Buy Now & Make Offer”
Different Public Auto Auctions have their rules and requirements, but they all work more or less the same. To get informed you must just read the Terms & Conditions or ask the Customer Service directly. Hope these information will help you win your desirable car for a good price! Success in your purchase!